Next Star Gazing Session

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Haha! I'm the one on the front row... Laughing
Hmm... there are three male there, so which one is you?? ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: OK, I know... the left most at the front row.
Try my best, based on pict A, the newbies are 2 on the left and 3 on the right.
Back row : KC(Lily's husband), Jenny Tan (timpani), Chris, Richard, Colin, Roland, Weixiong, Ian's other half, Ian, Yvon(astrobabe), me
Front row : Jiayuan, Carole, Hoyan (Lily's daughter), Wenbin (my son), Lily with her son (Junwei).
Base on your description, from photo A:
Back Row (left to right): KC (Lily's husband), Chris Yeo (Chrisyeo), Colin (oxygn), weixiong (Traveler), Ian (ian0138)
Middle Row (left to right): Jenny Tan (timpani), Richard (rlow), Roland (Roma_my), Ian's other half, Yvon (astrobabe), Clifford (Clifford60)
Front Row (left to right): Jiayuan(COMMAND), Carole (May Yen), Hoyan (Lily's daughter), Wenbin (Clifford's son), Lily, Junwei (Lily's son)

So, the photo is not taken by Chris yeo and he is the one on the back row, 2nd to the left??? :shock: :shock: Hmm... doesn't look like Chris yeo at all... Can't recognize him at all... Need to check my eye or brain already... ha ha ha :oops: :oops:

Have a nice day.
Last edited by weixing on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Hey all romantic star-gazers...
You may want to know that Vega is 织女星 zhi nu xing (weaving maiden star) and Altair is 牛郎星 niu liang xing (cowherd star). They are on opposite 'banks' of the 银河 'silver river' (milky way). Well-known love story in Chinese folktales collection.

牛郎织女两相对
有缘相逢是为贵

Any romantic poet here would like to help me improve my poetry writing? :mrgreen:
Last edited by alvinsclee on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

weixing wrote:Hi,

Base on your description, from photo A:
Back Row (left to right): KC (Lily's husband), Chris Yeo (Chrisyeo), Colin (oxygn), weixiong (Traveler), Ian (ian0138)
Middle Row (left to right): Jenny Tan (timpani), Richard (rlow), Roland (Roma_my), Ian's other half, Yvon (astrobabe), Clifford (Clifford60)
Front Row (left to right): Jiayuan(COMMAND), Carole (May Yen), Hoyan (Lily's daughter), Wenbin (Clifford's son), Lily, Junwei (Lily's son)

So, the photo is not taken by Chris yeo and he is the one on the back row, 2nd to the left??? :shock: :shock: Hmm... doesn't look like Chris yeo at all... Can't recognize him at all... Need to check my eye or brain already... ha ha ha :oops: :oops:

Have a nice day.
You are right on in 3 rows format. The photo was taken using remote, so everyone in the trip were in it. May be you haven't meet up with Chris for too long, so meet up to have your brain calibrated :lol: :lol:
astrobabe

Post by astrobabe »

Clifford60 wrote:May be you haven't meet up with Chris for too long, so meet up to have your brain calibrated :lol: :lol:
Or maybe Chris had a makeover? ;)
...clouds, please go away, let me see the stars today...
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Must have gotten fatter after all the seafood... :roll: :cry:
Lily

Post by Lily »

You may want to know that Vega is zhi nu xing (weaving maiden star) and Altair is niu liang xing (cowherd star). They are on opposite 'banks' of the 'silver river' (milky way).
Thanks Alvlin.
Still vaguely remember part of a Chinese poem that I learnt so long ago
卧看牵牛织女星

Can anybody fill in the missing part?

Lily
jermng

Post by jermng »

近看原来是Weixing .... HAHAHA .... :)
Jeremy Ng
C8, CR-150HD, TMB 80 f/6
Orion SVP Intelliscope, AstroSlew I
Minolta Activa 12x50WA
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Must be reading from one of the "Tang" dynasties peoms book for kids, right?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

秋夕 by 杜牧
银烛秋光冷画屏,轻罗小扇扑流萤
天阶夜色凉如水,卧看牵牛织女星

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Lily

Post by Lily »

秋夕 by 杜牧
银烛秋光冷画屏,轻罗小扇扑流萤
天阶夜色凉如水,卧看牵牛织女星
Give that man a beer!

Must be reading from one of the "Tang" dynasties peoms book for kids, right??
Aiya, no-lah! I said I learnt it long long ago in school. Those days when all girls were so crazy about Tang poems.
近看原来是Weixing .... HAHAHA ....
You mean he's a 织女 ? HAHAHA!

Lily
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

alvinsclee wrote:... and Altair is 牛郎星 niu liang xing (cowherd star)...
Alamak, teacher says to do spelling correction 10 times...
niu lang xing (modern technology helps here... just copy-and-paste 10 times lah!)

Too much school stress... must follow you all to Mersing to see more 'xing xing'
Lily wrote:You mean he's a 织女 ? HAHAHA!
He is looking for one... that's why so passionate, lugging all that heavy gear out to the field almost every Saturday night, nevermind the backaches and neckaches! :mrgreen:
Last edited by alvinsclee on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.