Saturn before & after

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
harlequin2902

Saturn before & after

Post by harlequin2902 »

My original raw images were a little noisy and not really in focus, but I just took the lot and did some processing with registax and here is what came out. Just to give an idea of the before-after differece y'know.

Before

After
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

hi sam,
mm...not much improvement in detail except that its brighter.
did you play with the wavelet adjustment?
if you refer to weixing's recommended tutorial site, you don't see any enhancement until AFTER the wavelet processing...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

The above was just a stack of about 15 images, maybe that's why the difference isn't that noticeable. Nope, I didn't play with the wavelet thing. Still pretty new to Registax. Will explore more of it as I go along.
Samuel Ng
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The attachment show my saturn "before" and "after". You should be able to see a very bright image after the stacking. The wavelet only make the detail more obvious, sharpen or enchance the detail... depend on your "taste"... You can also try to adjust the wavelet until the saturn look very artificial... it quite fun :D to see the what different setting can do, but I'm a little bit lazy to play with the setting... :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: