Astroberry on Raspberry Pi 3B

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
PETER LOO
Favourite scope: TS APO Refractor

Astroberry on Raspberry Pi 3B

Post by PETER LOO »

Previously in amateur astronomy we used to talk about "Takahashi", nowadays mostly on "connectivity", so trying out Raspberry.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nBG2oj]Image

Raspberry Pi 3B is the minimum requirement to run Astroberry, quite slow though, connected DSLR and Skyguider Pro, can detect both but the Drivers for the mount is Simulator, send no command to move the mount at all although it shows Sync position and goto in K-star.
akdwivedi
Favourite scope: celestron C6

Re: Astroberry on Raspberry Pi 3B

Post by akdwivedi »

I tried stellarmate on my raspberri pi 4.. it works well with my az gti. it does detect canon eos rp and zwo asi462mc. need to start using the setup once the cloud clears up.
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Using Stellarmate on Raspberry Pi4, that's nice. My issue was actually caused by the mount itself, Skyguider pro is non-goto actually, otherwise Ekox/ Indi support should be good as well ...
akdwivedi
Favourite scope: celestron C6

Post by akdwivedi »

yes.. but you should be able to manually point it to sky, take a picture and plate solve it. once you have desired frame, you should also be able to guide it using a guidescope and guidecame.
PETER LOO

Post by PETER LOO »

Quite true, waiting for clear sky la 😁