Promoting Singastro.Org

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
You can actually suggest a site to Yahoo! Singapore (use the No time guarantee option). Go to the most Find the appropriate category in Yahoo! and click on the "Suggest a Site" link at the bottom of that category page(It's just to the right of the copyright and the "Company Information" link).

I would suggest to put under "Science/Astronomy/Amateur Astronomy" category. Since it require a contact person and email, it would be best for the owner of the SingAstro.org/SingAstro.com domain or the Administrator/moderator to submit the link.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

I think there are websites around which help register people on all search engines, but that'll cost money though... :(
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Some web hosting company will submit the website for their client for free... I wonder does the company that host SingAstro's website provide this type of free services??
Anyway, we can also submit the SingAstro to the search engines ourself and it is also free, but require a few weeks(free one take longer time :) ) to add to their database...
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

there's an easier way....ask all 70 members to access yahoo.com and search for singastro.org. each member does it a few times and walla! enough "hits" to qualify for a position in the priority list! :wink:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Chengsing

Post by Chengsing »

haha... thats a nice suggestion :)
-----
[Wizard]
Failure does not mean I am a failure;
It does mean I have not yet succeeded.
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

but i tried to search singastro.org in yahoo.com, cant find..
no entry leh..
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Normally that won't do, the search engine is base on either user submittion or their Crawler (this will take a long time... :( ) or both. So by searching for Singastro won't help much...
Anyway, I can help to submit SingAstro to the Search Engine, but I require a contact person and his email address and normally take around 3 weeks to get listed (free one is like that).
Yang Weixing
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

You can now promote www.singastro.org instead of forums.singastro.org =P
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

NovaFusion wrote:You can now promote www.singastro.org instead of forums.singastro.org =P
I just did! Posted to quite a few newsgroups including the markeplace...I hope no one flame me as a spammer! :roll:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
lightshow

Re: Promoting Singastro.Org

Post by lightshow »

Airconvent wrote:I have been busy promoting Singastro.org in the newsgroups and foreign astronomy lists. Also doing it on Pocket PC User Group as well.
So how are the rest of you spreading the good word?? :roll:

ps I only hope I don't get flamed posting off topic stuff on some Newsgroups!
Thanks for posting on the Groups. I plan on visiting Singapore sometime in January. Seems I may have my "foot in the door." :)