Orion 80mm ED

Here is the place to talk about all those equipment(Telescope, Mounts, Eyepieces, etc...) you have. Not sure which scope/eyepiece is best for you? Trash it out here!
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

haha dun act shy la. if you have the money to pay for your own scope i'm sure you uncle will help you ship. act cute a bit can alreadi :lol:
Last edited by starfirez on Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

VinSnr wrote:you dun have to use fedex. Just tell your dad to use normal airmail....i think it cost at most US$70 for that kind of weight.

By the way, tell your dad to mass order for us la.....then all save shipping together...hehehe
ermm... then if the 2nd batch turn out to be bad how? you guys all reject orders my mom will bury me under the telescopes :shock: haha. normal air mail i scared they will throw my scope around.. even if it is pasted handle with care all over, i don't want a telescope that jingles every time i move it...
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

starfirez wrote:haha dun act shy la. if you have the money to pay for your own scope i'm sure you uncle will help you ship. act cute a bit can alreadi :lol:
hahaha.. i really dun dare to ask.. bcoz my father side onli got my uncle and my dad... and my uncle dun have children.. i'm a only child.. he's working there as a doctor... i am sure he can afford a costly telescope.. but i just dun dare to ask him.. :oops: :oops:
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

starfirez wrote:
VinSnr wrote:you dun have to use fedex. Just tell your dad to use normal airmail....i think it cost at most US$70 for that kind of weight.

By the way, tell your dad to mass order for us la.....then all save shipping together...hehehe
ermm... then if the 2nd batch turn out to be bad how? you guys all reject orders my mom will bury me under the telescopes :shock: haha. normal air mail i scared they will throw my scope around.. even if it is pasted handle with care all over, i don't want a telescope that jingles every time i move it...
haha.. then singapore will have its first telescope graveyard :lol: :lol:
as for the normal mail thing, i also dun quite trust the post office.. :roll: :roll: coz they are :evil:
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Does your uncle need a godson? Low-maintainence, very good boy. Does not shed fur or dirty the carpets. :lol:

Charlie
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

Does your uncle need a godson? Low-maintainence, very good boy. Does not shed fur or dirty the carpets.

Charlie
haha.. you like to be rich ppl's god-son??? i dun think he need lo.. even he need, i am in the 1st que.. hahaha.. actually in his house, there is an unused room at the penthouse reserved for me.. hehe.. that time i went there and slept there.. :D :D

anyway, do u SHED FUR?? if u r a "dog", he dun need one liao.. he already got a German Sheperd.. i believe when that dog stand up, it will be much taller than you.. hehe :P

:lol: :lol:
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

dun worry la...i buy and sell so many scopes through normal airmail....it's pretty alrite.

In fact, they are safer than UPS guys because those guys need to rush so they tend to throw. You ask those Americans and you know.

Orion packaging is not bad.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

In fact, they are safer than UPS guys because those guys need to rush so they tend to throw. You ask those Americans and you know.
That's only partly true -> for their UPS Ground (surface) service within the US, where the Americans sometimes do receive their parcels with holes in one corner etc...

But when it comes to international air shipments, they are definately first class. I've seen how they handle outgoing stuff. That's why I always entrust all my shipments to them.
Samuel Ng
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Have got more than 10 packages via USPS airmail so far, with 100% delivery rate and no damaged items.

Anyway, its a good idea to wait for reviews from people who bought the second and third batches before committing. I am certainly hopeful, and really wishing that Synta/Orion will give makers of overpriced scopes (AP, TeleVue etc etc...) some sleepless nights :twisted:
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

true true, hope so. den poor ppl like me can enjoy the night skies :D