Io transit on 17.03.2004

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
universe24

Io transit on 17.03.2004

Post by universe24 »

Hi all,

Long time didn't post message here...and this is my latest Jupiter images. Hope you all like it. :)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi,
Nice pic. As usual Toucam ccd always result in a very contrasty picture. Is there any way of softening it up to make it more natural via some image program?
I can see the shadow very clearly but where is the Io relative to the shadow?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

wah.. nice juP =) well done.. i wonder my 5" wif canon a40 can do things like this .. keEp iT uP!
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Maybe I just over-processed to make it more contrast...
The Io is on the left hand side of the shadow. You can see a tiny bright spot on 1714UT image. Both Io and its shadow is under the GRS.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
wah.. nice juP =) well done.. i wonder my 5" wif canon a40 can do things like this .. keEp iT uP!
You should be able to do it too.... :) I have taken some quite good images (at least I think so :P ) of Saturn, Jupiter and M42 using the Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127. You require a lots of patient when doing digital astrophotography, especially post image proccessing... it a long try and error proccess :P.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

universe24 wrote:Maybe I just over-processed to make it more contrast...
Not likely. So far, all images I saw taken using the Toucam camera, including those of the famous Tan Wei Leong exhibit this characteristic. I think it is inherent in the CCD used. Perhaps the imaging software will be able to soften it a little but I guess personal preference plays a part on how the final processed image will look...in any case, great attempt!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi Weiloon,
Nice jup pics you have there! Didn't seen you for a long time! Hope everythings well!
rcj
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Hi rcj,
How are you recently? Really long long time didn't met you and others in S'pore. Any latest activities coming up? Now the C/2002 T7(LINEAR) is as a morning comet. Plan to observe it? I'm planning...
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi Weiloon,
Yeah, will be going up to Mersing end May to see Linear and Neat. Seems Linear is by then will not be as bright as previously expected, but nevertheless will be making effort to capture both comets either on film or digitally. Heard from the rest that you guys went back to the island again?
Let me know what are your plans for the comets soon!
rcj
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Yes, me and CheeKean and others in Penang go to the island almost every month, non-stop. Actually I plan to observe the comet T7 somewhere at the east coast...but just not familiar with those places abd worry about the safety. Anyway, I will go up to Fraser's Hill for the T7 comet.