Mars from 24 Jan

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
cataclysm

Mars from 24 Jan

Post by cataclysm »

Closing to opposition, it has grown bigger & brighter. It is also rising earlier, so i would really urge anyone who has not observed it this year, try to do it while it is at its best. I had the convenience to imaged it through the window of my apartment, albeit at less than ideal elevation. Below is a LRGB composite image, captured with Mewlon 210 and DMK mono cam at approx. F57.

rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

delectable!! illumination almost reaching full! more more...
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
WOW!! Beautiful Mars!!! [smilie=wow.gif]

Anyway, may be will try to observe it this weekend when I do some testing on my scope. Hopefully, I can sort out some of my scope issue or I can only see a blur, blur Mars... [smilie=dong.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
wucheeyiun

Post by wucheeyiun »

Nicely done ... :)
plenty of details

Yes, also manage to have a good ob of Mars last night ( mewlon 210 with tv nagler 5mm t5 = about 496x ) ,it was avery clear night and the view was exactly as image by kelvin, the polar cap appears a bit floated up...which is like " 3d " ... the shivers on the edges came off later in the night, when the low horizon atmospheric turbulence disappears when Mars became very high up to zenith
Last edited by wucheeyiun on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wintertriangle22

Post by wintertriangle22 »

Nice photo of Mars , lots of details seen- polar ice cap, as well as mountains & the valleys [smilie=admire.gif]
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Your image is really good--no wonder so many go for takahashi stuff.I try yesterday with my c11 but image "shiver" at the edge and clear outline showed only on a few photo.Your image is fantastic.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
superiorstream wrote:Your image is really good--no wonder so many go for takahashi stuff.I try yesterday with my c11 but image "shiver" at the edge and clear outline showed only on a few photo.Your image is fantastic.
I think poor seeing may be the cause of this.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

Post by Bergkamp_ »

wah the "ice cap" moved, last saw mars its like 2003,the last mars opp.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

just a quick note reminder to all that Mars opposition is due this coming Saturday morning at 2:54AM (January 30th). Note that opposition does not mean closest approach but full disk illumination instead. The date of closest approach for Mars this year will be on the 28th (tomorrow!) at 11:48AM, where Mars will be closer ever so slightly bigger but around the same brightness. It will have a visual magnitude of -1.28 with a size of 14.1". Happy viewing (and imaging)!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits