Guys, please be careful when you deal with Astromart

Here is the place for the admins or moderators to do their annoucements. Or, if you have bought a new scope and want the whole world to know, do it here. Basically this is the place for any astro first-hand news.
VinSnr
Administrator

Guys, please be careful when you deal with Astromart

Post by VinSnr »

I refer to this thread :

http://www.astromart.com/forums/viewpos ... _id=&page=

Guys, when dealing with Astromart, please note that these Americans are not like our culture where bargaining, negotiating is an usual thing. If you want to buy something from them, you are expected to pay first. Please don't ask them to ship it to you first or ask to pay in installments, etc, and you will only add to the already poor image of Singaporeans to them where they think we are all scammers.

Please note that your actions in Astromart will affect the credibility of other Singaporean buyers so please be very prudent when dealing with these Americans.
addy

Post by addy »

Saw that post.. sometimes some guys are nasty too.. I didnt see anything wrong with Johnteh being a little careful.. I do it most of the times.. but mabbe I didnt meet any dumb like that before... that guy is overtly sensitive..
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

addy wrote:Saw that post.. sometimes some guys are nasty too.. I didnt see anything wrong with Johnteh being a little careful.. I do it most of the times.. but mabbe I didnt meet any dumb like that before... that guy is overtly sensitive..
he is overly sensitive because we are singaporeans.

Somehow, they have an image that Singapore is a fraud country because we are so close to Indonesia and Philipines.

If you go to scopetronic.com, they still have that note saying they won't accept credit cards from Singapore.

It's sad.....but if you want cheap stuff from US, we don't have a choice but to be careful on how we trade with them. Let's not make things worse because last thing we want is Herb of Astromart ban all Singaporeans.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

last thing we want is Herb of Astromart ban all Singaporeans
reminding me of these heated "discussions" a couple of years back ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... 26rnum%3D1
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

addy wrote:Saw that post.. sometimes some guys are nasty too.. I didnt see anything wrong with Johnteh being a little careful.. I do it most of the times.. but mabbe I didnt meet any dumb like that before... that guy is overtly sensitive..
have to agree he jumped the gun and may have over-reacted.
But also have to see the other side of the coin.
A seller wants to buy your item. he wants you to ship the item to him first and he pays you half after he receives your item. once he confirms item working, he will pay you the other half....would you do that if you don't know the buyer? too risky !

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

ariefm71 wrote:
last thing we want is Herb of Astromart ban all Singaporeans
reminding me of these heated "discussions" a couple of years back ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... 26rnum%3D1
hahaha....that case. Quite a number of years back I remember. Me, Remus, Kay Heem, Lin, all trying to salvage back some pride for the Singaporeans.

That's why I hope that the younger generations of astronomers here be very careful when they deal in Astromart. Just abide with their price and don't negotiate or come out with some "fair" scheme. Nothing will be really fair when you are dealing with someone 10,000 miles away. Check their ratings before you buy/sell. If they have solid ratings, just pay them their money and wait for your goods. I have been dealing with Astromart since those days when WWW was using DOS commands and I have never been burn once.

The seniors tried very hard in the past to retain Astromart for Singaporeans, so please please don't ever lose that status. At least now you have many more local astro vendors, in the past, it's either Astromart or Astro Scientific. When you had lived through those times, you will know how important Astromart is.
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

This is what i wrote...................And i don't know why they still put BEST OFFER and they still don't want us to bargin.
Anyway one of these day i will let them pay back what they have done to me. My concept is simple in my business world money will do the job for me.

O.k I would like to make this clear, perhaps you get the wrong idea of me paying you by installment i'm just worry for the taxes for the shipment. I guess you don't really like to deal with me because of our culture are different.As for the bank thing i don't really trade thing or buy thing in internet before so i don't know what is a paypal. I'm a self employ we trade thing using T/T or what even bank tranfers and had never try paypal before i hope you understand that this is the first time buying thing from internet and don't really know the rules well of cos i'm very worry that what if i pay and don't get the things here or a spoil scope so that why i always do transection using bank tranfers because i'm able to trace back the account if there is any fault.
Because of this thing Astromart has Banned me from there and i think it's not really fair because if i have done something wrong at least there or you can advise me on the right way.

Anyway Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Note here i'm not trying to cheat you or waste your time i'm really a serious buyer.

James <lx-90@james-benton.com> wrote:
John sorry to say but I will require payment via pay pal FIRST for the entire amont, not partial payments. If you can not pay using pay pal then we do not have a deal. Paypal is the only method I use to accept payment.

I will NEVER give my bank account information to ANYONE or ship items before I receive payment.

please DO NOT contact me again unless you are VERY serious in wanting to properly purchase my telescope
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

This is what i wrote to ASTROMART.
Dear astromart,

O.k I would like to make this clear, perhaps you get the wrong idea of me paying you by installment i'm just worry for the taxes for the shipment. I guess you don't really like to deal with me because of our culture are different ( Means we like to bargin ).As for the bank thing i don't really trade thing or buy thing in internet before so i don't know what is a paypal. I'm a self employ we trade thing using T/T or whatever bank tranfers which i can trace back the account holder and had never try paypal before i hope you understand that this is the first time buying thing from internet and don't really know the rules well of cos i'm very worry that what if i pay and don't get the things here or a spoil scope so that why i always do transection using bank tranfers because i'm able to trace back the account if there is any fault.
Because of this thing Astromart has Banned me from there and i think it's not really fair because if i have done something wrong at least there or you can advise me on the right way.

Anyway Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Note here i'm not trying to cheat you or waste your time i'm really a serious buyer.

Thanks and Best Regard
John Teh
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

john, if you're astromart account is banned, you can try to re-register using a different email address (use either your isp or office email address, they don't accept yahoo or hotmail). just be careful next time.
johnteh

Post by johnteh »

O.k Thanks.