STARMATRIX VIXEN CHRISTMAS TELESCOPE SALE

Here is the place for vendors to make their product annoucement.
starfinder

Re: STARMATRIX VIXEN CHRISTMAS TELESCOPE SALE

Post by starfinder »

lowrobin wrote:
McGill Commercial House is the Official Distributor of Vixen Japan Product in Singapore, your advertisement is a direct conflict of interest to our distributor's right, kindly withdraw this advertisement in 7 Days to avoid an official complain to our Japan principle in this matter.

Please go to WWW.vixen.co.jp to check for the distributor's right.

Robin Low
Mcgill Commercial House

I recall this post by McGill in the middle of last month:

"Sales of Celestron & Meade Accessories by McGill

Hi All,

Please note that we now accept orders for ANY accessories of the above brands, at very competitive prices.

By SMS order to 9108-1059 only. We reply within 24 hours usually.

Thanks! "

Now, I thought that Astro Scientific is the authorised distributor of Celestron products in Singapore, and The Physical Space / Infinity Infocus for Meade.

So, I'm not sure if I see the consistency in the above two statements. Then again, perhaps there is.

Also, does McGill assert that it is the *exclusive* distributor of Vixen products in Singapore?
Jim McGill
Vendor

Reply to StarFinder

Post by Jim McGill »

Thank you Mr StarFinder. Jim McGill will reply to you first:

Yes, you’re correct! AstroSc is Auth. Distri. of Celestron and Meade likewise.

Our position is this: We’ll clarify to people if we receive this type of questions. Our consistency is in clarifying. We try our best to reply to all queries though we might have missed out on some.

So I’ll clarify now:
We are doing parallel import from overseas for Celestron n Meade but at the moment we have stopped doing so. We give protection to customers for defective items.

As for exclusivity for Vixen in S’pore, we are the only 2 appointed Dealers in Singapore. The other one is at Science Centre. Both offer same products but possibly at different parts of the price spectrum. Customers can choose whom they want to purchase from.

Thanks again,
J.M.
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Reply to StarFinder

Post by VinSnr »

Jim McGill wrote:Thank you Mr StarFinder. Jim McGill will reply to you first:

Yes, you’re correct! AstroSc is Auth. Distri. of Celestron and Meade likewise.

Our position is this: We’ll clarify to people if we receive this type of questions. Our consistency is in clarifying. We try our best to reply to all queries though we might have missed out on some.

So I’ll clarify now:
We are doing parallel import from overseas for Celestron n Meade but at the moment we have stopped doing so. We give protection to customers for defective items.

As for exclusivity for Vixen in S’pore, we are the only 2 appointed Dealers in Singapore. The other one is at Science Centre. Both offer same products but possibly at different parts of the price spectrum. Customers can choose whom they want to purchase from.

Thanks again,
J.M.
Jim,

From the way I look at it, if McGill can do parallel import for Celestron and Meade products, then it shouldn't be a problem for StarMatrix to do parallel import for Vixen products too right?

I am not trying to side with whoever as I have no affliations with any vendors but there is a need to be fair.
Last edited by VinSnr on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

So Jim, I sincerely doubt there is any problem with Mike putting up an advertisment here, is there? I am quite sure you want to protect your dealership for Vixen products, but I think the end users would like to have a choice, to be allowed to choose the level of service level, service quality, price they are willing to pay.

I think Robin should do a history check on Mcgill posts, make sure it does not violate what he preaches and PM Mike with his concern instead of publishing it over the forum.
river

Post by river »

“In Singapore, the government policy is one that is in favour of free trade and hence parallel imports are upheld and allowed. According to the Copyright (Amendment) Act 1994, parallel imports of copyright goods are allowed provided that the goods had been manufactured with the consent of the copyright owner in the country of manufacture.” -- from online source

It should be a fair game for all. The consumer will make the choice.
Last edited by river on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elton

Post by elton »

Let's not get emotional over this. This is not an issue of bringing choice to consumers, nor is it about whether parallel imports are legal, nor is it about whether Mcgill is guilty of doing the same for other brands.

It is about Vixen's commercial interests.

I'm sure Mcgill in the interest of protecting his dealership will clarify with Vixen. And it's reply could be one of the following :

1) parallel imports are a fact of life, deal with it, or
2) we do not condone this practice and will shut off the offending parallel import source

In either case, any bickering over the forum will come to nought so do take this offline and let us know how it was resolved please?
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

All vendors are welcomed to advertise their astronomy items here.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen Authorised Distributors

Post by lowrobin »

acc wrote:All vendors are welcomed to advertise their astronomy items here.
I totally agreed with you, but if we are appointed as distributors of some items, that means we have to respected as one, we have put up a lot of efford to be distributor; money and time, kindly advise some vendors to have some business ethic to be in this business, there are still rules governing this free for all market! :wink:

Regards,

Robin Low
lowrobin
Vendor

Vixen Distributorship

Post by lowrobin »

elton wrote:Let's not get emotional over this. This is not an issue of bringing choice to consumers, nor is it about whether parallel imports are legal, nor is it about whether Mcgill is guilty of doing the same for other brands.

It is about Vixen's commercial interests.

I'm sure Mcgill in the interest of protecting his dealership will clarify with Vixen. And it's reply could be one of the following :

1) parallel imports are a fact of life, deal with it, or
2) we do not condone this practice and will shut off the offending parallel import source

In either case, any bickering over the forum will come to nought so do take this offline and let us know how it was resolved please?
Hi Elton,

I do not object any parallel import from other source, what I felt if the other party is advertising the same product in the same forum, they are harming our interest directly! and we can't let this matter went unobserved, being a distributor is a serious business with lots of commitment and investment. :wink:

Regards,

Robin Low
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Robin
Starmatrix is just an alternate source for Vixen products. I don't see why they should be banned from promoting the same products here.

This forums is provided as a free service for all vendors to advertise their astronomy products in the interest of the astonomy community here. Please respect that and do not expect us to 'shelter' McGill from competition.

rgds
Chee Chien
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!