THE LYRIDS STAR PARTY (Apr 21- Apr 22)

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
Jin Peng

THE LYRIDS STAR PARTY (Apr 21- Apr 22)

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi fellow astronomers,

Republic Polytechnic Astronomy Club is proud to annouce that our annual lyrids meteor watch for 2007 is ON. This year is more than just seeing those meteors, we are going to hold this year's Lyrids in the style of a party - hence the name Lyrids Star Party.

To schools' astro club in-charge, please let your members know about this event and submit the list of participants who are coming by 18th April 2007. For seniors who have graduated, do inform the juniors about this event.

Singastro members, Graduated Seniors, Everyone is welcome! Do remember to let me know that you are coming so that there will be enough food for all. The buffet fees will be collected at the registration booth on the day itself. Do take note that school participants below the age of 20 will only need to pay a buffet fee of $4, and participants above the age of 20 will need to pay $6. Please refer to the brochure for more information. For further enquires, don't hestiate to email me.

Thank You and I look forward to an awesome fellowship with you guys!
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

I'm In!! So i just have to pay at the registration booth not before hand?
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi Jennifer,
Yup, you will pay at the registration booth on that day itself.

Thank You!
Jin Peng
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Wow! This may be the only astro so far that I can attend because I do not have any events on that day! Count me in!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
jennifer1611991

Awesome!! But i still have a couple of questions :)

1. Can i bring my little sister (10 years)?
2. Is it necessary for us to sign up at the registration booth in order to join the observation session later onwards?
3. What is the recommended attire? :)
4. What is the probability of clear skies? :) :)
5. How do I get to Republic Poly? :)

Thanks so much!! I'M SOOO EXCITED!! :) :)
jennifer1611991

OH, and one more question.. Will Venus be visible at East Coast? :)

Thanks Sooooo much again!!! :) :) :) :)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
OH, and one more question.. Will Venus be visible at East Coast?
You should be able to see it anywhere in Singapore if no tall building blocking the west... I can see the Venus in Tampines during evening time.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
jennifer1611991

Ooooh... Great!! Hopefully there will be telescopes :) :)
Jin Peng

Enquires...

Post by Jin Peng »

Hi Tachyon,
Wow! This may be the only astro so far that I can attend because I do not have any events on that day! Count me in!
Welcome to the party, you are in! Do remember to register on that day at RP. See ya there!

Hi Jennifer,
1. Can i bring my little sister (10 years)?
Yup, you can bring your sister along. There isn't any age limit to join this party but you got to take good care of your sister, cos that day will be quite a crowd. Don't be surpise if you see someone's grandma there too :shock:
2. Is it necessary for us to sign up at the registration booth in order to join the observation session later onwards?
All participants will need to register on that day itself, if you can only make it for the observation, do send someone on behalf to help register for you. This is the school procedure for security reasons. We need your name, NRIC, and contact number and stating whether stay throughout the activity or selected timeslot only.
3. What is the recommended attire?
There isn't any fix attire, smart casual will do and decent attire! No tube for girls and no singlet for guys etc... for safety reason. :lol:
4. What is the probability of clear skies?
In singapore climate perspective, april should be heading towards a dry season, hence definitely will have less chances of rain. If clear skies a not, pass two years on 21st april i experience clear sky! 8-) So pray hard la... We will call the weather forcast 3 days before the event, then will notify the participants if any backup plan is implemented. Rain or Shine, this party is still on! :D
5. How do I get to Republic Poly?
By MRT, Woodlands Station

By Car (Shortest Route)
From PIE(Jurong)
Exit onto BKE(Woodlands)(Exit 24)
From BKE
Exit onto SLE(Exit 8)
From SLE
Exit via Woodlands Ave 2 (Exit 10)
From Woodlands Ave 2
Turn right into Woolands Ave 9 at the 4th junction (after you see Woodlands MRT on your left)
From Woodlands Ave 9
Turn left into Republic Polytechnic (drop-pff/pick up point & basement carpark)

By Bus
To Woodlands Interchange
To Republic Polytechnic

You can refer to the attachment for the location of the registraion booth and our bus stop.

See you there :D
Jin Peng
jennifer1611991

THANK YOU!! I'm really pysched! So sorry if i troubled you! :oops: See you there!!!!! :) :P :D :lol: