Observation at Dempsey?

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
coolcat

Observation at Dempsey?

Post by coolcat »

Read about Demsey Road on today's LIFE. That's the same Demsey Road you guys were refering to right?

I'm quite curious about the place. Anyone planning an observation session there soon?

=^^=
see you under the stars...
gwenyi

Post by gwenyi »

yeah it's the same place
bodoh

Post by bodoh »

It's a pretty nice place. I've gone there alone... but pretty creepy if you're alone.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: Observation at Demsey?

Post by Airconvent »

coolcat wrote:Read about Demsey Road on today's LIFE. That's the same Demsey Road you guys were refering to right?

I'm quite curious about the place. Anyone planning an observation session there soon?

=^^=
we are always ready to go as long as we get a clear weekend sky...
there was a time when chee chien was around where he had regular sessions there. unfortunately, many "locals" have been spoilt by the mersing skies and as the place is not very accessible, my "kakis" there comprises of car owners.
this number has also shrunk as many are either winding down (like euwen , chris yeo, vincent junior) and some have disappeared altogether (like david lian, yl low, chung yee, matthew, morten).
also, with more and more pubs going there, I'm not too sure if this great obs place will also be lost. I like dempsey cos its dark, and you can park your car on a clean solid ground and deploy from there without needing to cart your tons of equipment around (visual : weixing lugging his stuff 1 km from his house to his usual "haunt")....

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
coolcat

Post by coolcat »

sms me if you're going :) For me, I can only make it on Fridays & Saturdays, after 10pm.
see you under the stars...
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

coolcat wrote:sms me if you're going :) For me, I can only make it on Fridays & Saturdays, after 10pm.
ok...same same...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets