Another crazy deal from me....StellarVue WHITE Nighthawk

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
VinSnr
Administrator

Another crazy deal from me....StellarVue WHITE Nighthawk

Post by VinSnr »

Ok guys, I have one rare SV white nighthawk arriving soon but I don't intend to keep this scope. I bought it solely for evaluation. It is the 2003 version with sliding dewshield, improved focuser with teflon bearings, screw-on dew cap, TV-style clamshell and best of all it's the uncommon white version. The white version is pretty rare because most dealers don't stock it and you can only get it directly from SV. I prefer the white to differentiate from all the blacks and I think the white look nicer as well. This is also the same nighthawk that had rave reviews from S&T Feb 2003.

I also bought the airline foam padded case which can also act as an eyepiece case. Thought it's better to have the scope protected while they ship it here.

I paid $980 including shipping and GST.

I am selling it off for $780 (inclusive of the airline case). You save $200 for virtually a brand new scope. I will just open the box, take it out, play with the mechanics, put it on the tripod and test the lens for an hour...and that's it. Back into the box again.

You work out the maths yourself, a new one (including the case) plus 5% GST = SGD$815. And that's not even inclusive of shipping yet! If at $780 is not crazy, I don't know what else is...

Let me know fast. Email me at vinckkw@pacific.net.sg.
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Keep them coming in!
:D :D :D :D

Charlie
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Say, when are you going to get an AP Traveller or TV102 in for "evaluation" too ? :lol:
Samuel Ng
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

harlequin2902 wrote:Say, when are you going to get an AP Traveller or TV102 in for "evaluation" too ? :lol:
not really interested in those. I prefer to play with small 80mm scopes.

So far got many interested parties, but no firm offer yet. The scope should arrive next week. If still no firm offer, I will let it go in Astromart. But I really hope someone here would take it......it's a rare white scope. SV wouldn't sell direct internationally and would direct you to dealers. And most dealers refuse to sell these SVs internationally too. And even if they do, they will tell you they only have blacks and too much trouble for them to make a special order with SV.

It took me so much trouble just to source for a dealer who is willing to get a white one for me. Hate to see this scope goes back to US. It is also a waste of my shipping money to send it back, so hopefully someone will take it up.
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

VinSnr wrote:
harlequin2902 wrote:Say, when are you going to get an AP Traveller or TV102 in for "evaluation" too ? :lol:
Yah... I also like small scopes. How about evaluating WYO's new 80mm APO while you are at it? :-)

Kay Heem
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

kayheem wrote:
VinSnr wrote:
Yah... I also like small scopes. How about evaluating WYO's new 80mm APO while you are at it? :-)

Kay Heem
well..only if Jim willing to loan one for me...

Me no $$ to buy scope anymore.
sojourn88

Post by sojourn88 »

VinSnr
You have PM.. I have confirmed to buy the scope....thanks to contact me..
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

sojourn88 wrote:VinSnr
You have PM.. I have confirmed to buy the scope....thanks to contact me..
Ok reserved for you...

And don't worry. If I am not happy with the scope once it's here (due to problems, damage, etc, etc) I will stop this sale.