For Sale: Sky-Watcher 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA (CLOSED)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

For Sale: Sky-Watcher 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA (CLOSED)

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 Specification:
Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
Aperture: 127mm (5")
Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.81)
Central Obstruction: around 39mm (30.7% by diameter, 9.4% by area)
Corrector Lens: Borosilicate Crown (BK-7) Multi-layer coated
Primary mirror coating: Aluminum/SiO2 overcoat
Eyepiece Adapter: 1.25" (T-Thread ready)
Weight: around 3.9kg

OTA: S$650.00
Below are what will be included:
1. 1 Year Old SkyWatcher ViewMax 127 OTA,
2. Eyepiece: SMA 25mm & SMA 10mm,
3. Vixen 90° Prism Diagonal, and
4. Red-dot finder,

Please PM me if you are interested.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by weixing on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:53 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Why don't you put down your range of "reasonable" offer :).
weixing
Super Moderator
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
The reason of not stating my own "reasonable" price is mainly to find out who are the potential and sincere buyers – someone who have done their “homework” and know what are they buying. I really don’t like the idea of too much bargaining.

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

In that case, just put a firm price down on how much you want to sell. It is quite tedious for buyer, especially newbies like me to decides on the price. If it is too high, it is not fair for us, if it is too low, it is not fair to you.
Terry

Post by Terry »

I actually hope to buy the Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 when I first see it in McGill website last year. But the price S$1,300 is too high for me as I am a student. I am a newbie and own a small Celestron 70mm refractor. I hope you can give a price so that I can see whether I can afford to buy it.
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I have reduce the price.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Terry wrote:I actually hope to buy the Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 when I first see it in McGill website last year. But the price S$1,300 is too high for me as I am a student. I am a newbie and own a small Celestron 70mm refractor. I hope you can give a price so that I can see whether I can afford to buy it.
You will have to note that the price Weixing quote consist of the following extra items which are not in the orginal Skywatcher package that Jim is selling :-

SkyWatcher 9x50 Straight-Through FinderScope - $180
Vixen 90° Prism Diagonal - $150
SkyWatcher WA15mm Apparent FoV=66°, - $85
SkyWatcher Super Plossl 40mm Apparent FoV=43°, - $60
Vixen 2x Barlow (Presume Achromatic, Apo will be even more expensive) - $125
AstroZap Dew Shield - Absolutely no idea
United Colors of Benetton Camera Bag - Fit and protect the ViewMax 127 OTA and accessories nicely.

I have no comment about the Camera Bag and the Dew Shield, but for the rest of the items it can easily cost you about another $600 to get it.

He is selling his scope for $900 w/o mount or $1250 w mount is a very very good buy :).
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
He is selling his scope for $900 w/o mount or $1250 w mount is a very very good buy .
Thanks blurblock, for helping me to promote my scope... :)

All the above items are in good condition and I'm not selling away because the optics are not good. It just that I need a scope with shorter focal length, so this scope have to go before I can get a new one... Its a FR (Family Relation) problem... :P

Thanks for looking and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
weixing
Super Moderator

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I have update to include the pictures of the Camera Bag and the Sky-Watcher ViewMax 127 Specifications.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

blurblock wrote:He is selling his scope for $900 w/o mount or $1250 w mount is a very very good buy .
Hi Weixing,

Are you selling your Vixen GP mount for $350 ($1250-$900)?

cheers,