Bagan Annular Eclipse Report

Alright, this is for sharing of your observation experience. Or, if you are arranging gatherings, star-gazing expeditions or just want some company to go observing together, you can shout it out here.
jiahao1986

Bagan Annular Eclipse Report

Post by jiahao1986 »

Hi folks,

There are the 3 of us making a trip to Bagan, Myanmar for the annular eclilpse on Jan. 15. Weather was cooperating. The site we picked for the eclipse was awesome, with spectacular views and lovely people around.

Here comes 3 photos of the eclipse itself:

Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

Here come the people shots during the event. It was such a nice experience meeting other eclipse chasers from all over the world and the local eclipse watchers. The event was just like a sidewalk astro party~

Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

Myanmar is a beautiful country with lovely people. All the 3 of us are so much in love with the country.

Last edited by jiahao1986 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clear skies please...
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

wow! very nice pictures and composites....the star trail reflections is my fav, plus the eclipse composite together with temple silhouettes... enjoyed it much! thanks for posting.
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Very nice! Too bad I could not make it!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Ya, very nice and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I am wondering, have you try to determine the annularity duration from the images you capture? I am interested to know it.

For my own images, I determined the duration is 7m 41s. It is about 5 minutes less. I would like to know yours result...

BTW also, do you still remenber the temple that you observe the eclipse?

Thanks.
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

rcj wrote:wow! very nice pictures and composites....the star trail reflections is my fav, plus the eclipse composite together with temple silhouettes... enjoyed it much! thanks for posting.
Thanks remus~
Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

Tachyon wrote:Very nice! Too bad I could not make it!
Yeah too bad you didn't make it. We were missing you guys throughout the entire trip...
Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

universe24 wrote:BTW, I am wondering, have you try to determine the annularity duration from the images you capture? I am interested to know it.

For my own images, I determined the duration is 7m 41s. It is about 5 minutes less. I would like to know yours result...
Hey bro,

I use the following two pics for second and third contact, ending up with a duration of 7m30s. I'm not sure how to define second contact for this scenerio though, due to the effect of the big crater.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clear skies please...
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

universe24 wrote:BTW also, do you still remenber the temple that you observe the eclipse?
The name is Pya Tha Gyi (or Pya Tha Da) Pagoda.
Clear skies please...