The Eskimo Nebula

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
JY

The Eskimo Nebula

Post by JY »

Hi,

Imaged last night from Singapore with LX200 12", ST8 and Astronomik filters : the Eskimo nebula, image as my new Avatar ...

Cheers

Jean-Yves
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

WOW! THAT'S AN AMAZING PICTURE!

Keep them coming! :D

Regards,
Sam

We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile.
geraldine

Post by geraldine »

datz a beautiful pic of ngc 2392..excellent pic taken!! :)
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

wow...very nice pic of an old friend...the eskimo...everyone was hot about it last year and seems it will be entering into favour again!
I notice that the image appeared slightly de-focussed...is this because of fine focussing or the atmospheric condition in Singapore?

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
ursaMinor

Post by ursaMinor »

Thats really beautiful....
JY

Post by JY »

Thanks for your comments.

The picture was taken at f 11, and is a combination of 3 minutes images shots in L, R, G and B (colors).
There were some occasional clouds and a very strong wind at high altitude , it may be possible to improve sharpness in a calm night,

Cheers

Jean-Yves
MCYM

Post by MCYM »

Hi JY

Eskimo Nebula is certanly not an easy target and you have a spledid image to prove. Great resolution at 12" F11 and nice match of RGB.

Matt
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

Hi JY,
Which camera are you using for imaging? Cool picture! Yearning for more imaging sessions soon.....
rcj
JY

Post by JY »

Hi rcj, thanks for the comments : I am using a SBIG ST8, old parallel port, purchased on astromart.
Waiting for the weather to clear : how many times have I set up recently, collimated, focused, just to see the clouds close in on the first image !

Cheers

Jean-Yves