Finally there is a moon for me to take some astrophotograph

CCD vs Film? Lots of time vs no patience? Alright, this is your place to discuss all the astrophotography what's and what's not. You can discuss about techniques, accessories, cameras, whatever....just make sure you also post some nice photos here too!
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Finally there is a moon for me to take some astrophotograph

Post by IceAngel »

haha.. I have made my own digital camera adapter to put on my scope to take some astro-photograph.. that time i ordered a digi-T from Samuel for my video camera.. but at the end, my video cam is too heavy for my scope's focuser.. so i have to trouble Samuel to help me return it back to the manufacturer.. Sorry Samuel..

ok.. back to my topic... hehe.. I got the idea of the adapter from the Sky and Telescope April 2004 issue.. the scopetronix advertisement... they do sell a digital camera adapter which supports cam without thread around the lens... is simply attach a screw at the bottom of the camera... although my DIY adapter looks really ugly but it works quite well with my Casio Exilim Z4...

ok.. now enough of rubbish.. after a few cloudy and rainy days, I finally can have an hour time to test my DIY adapter and camera... let me post some photos below...

*this is my first time taking the moon photo.. so they are quite bad looking.. please pardon me.. :cry: :oops:

These pictures are not stacked... actually is because i dunno how to stack.. lolz :D :D :oops:
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Don't think u need to stack a moon too ......
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Why not try taking a video? That's what i always do. Because of the atmosphere, the image may ripple. But there will be a few frames here and there where the image is excellent and extremely sharp. Those are the frames i use to stack.
And how about increasing the brightness of your present images? Try to squeeze more quality of it......
lsy_98

Post by lsy_98 »

It is a wonderful work. The moon is not very clear. I think it is the weather problem.
Nikonian Foo

Post by Nikonian Foo »

How much did you get the kit for?
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

lsy_98 wrote:It is a wonderful work. The moon is not very clear. I think it is the weather problem.
yeah.. when i took these pictures, it is 70% cloudy... so it is not that good.. especially the last two pictures :P

but i feel quite satisfy for these result with that kind of weather.. hehe.. i will work harder :D
Nikonian Foo wrote:How much did you get the kit for?
what kit do u mean? camera or the adaptor? :D
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
Nikonian Foo

Post by Nikonian Foo »

Alamak....I was thinking about microcontroller kits while typing....actually...I want to ask you how much the scopetronix adapter for. Thanks
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

the scopetronix adapter is $160 from Samuel
hehe :)
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi Leslie,

why don't you post a picture of your adaptor in action? Would love to take a look. :)

Chris
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

chrisyeo wrote:Hi Leslie,

why don't you post a picture of your adaptor in action? Would love to take a look. :)

Chris
haha.. my adaptor is very ugly.. just a simple one.. cant really qualify to be an adaptor... hahaha :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-